Thursday, January 28, 2010

Versatility


I just finished making Simplicity 4055 for myself just for fun (I went off on a Regency kick). I know it's not Pioneer (but Pioneers could have worn these dresses as they came prior to Pioneer days), and I promise I'll limit my non-Pioneer projects on this blog, but I wanted to show the versatility of these Elizabeth Stewart Clark patterns and (very detailed and flexible) instructions. After making Simplicity 4055 for myself, I was able to modify Liz's pattern to make a mini Regency dress! Now my daughter and I can be twinners! We can also use a red sash on them for Santa Lucia Day (not that we've ever celebrated it before, but we could).

If I really wanted to make these Regency dresses correctly, I would have used Sense and Sensibility Patterns. Jennie is definitely right when she says these dresses don't fit correctly without the proper undergarments.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails