Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rag-tied hair

So the other night, for some reason, I thought it would be fun to rag tie my hair.  I should have been going to bed, but I had to find out how to do it.

I shower at night, (I exercise and shower after the kids go to bed; it's too hard to do it before they get up; or heaven forbid, do it while they are awake) so I thought rag tying might work out nicely with my wet bed head.

I found a tutorial from Vixen Vintage that gave me the general idea.

My hair is really straight and short, so I couldn't wait to see what it would do.

Boing!

It was too hard to tie the under layer because it is so short and slippery, so I just curled that under with my curling iron in the morning.  The top curls relaxed enough that it looked good.  I should get a picture of it actually fixed.

I found that if I wound my hair with the rag tie around my tube of mascara (like it was a curler) that it didn't make the curls too tight. Of course I didn't leave the tube of mascara tied in my hair!  I pulled it out before tying the rag.

Now I can reproduce some of those 1850s looks.  I want to go buy a hairpiece, too!  Why did I make that day cap anyway, now that I can have fake long hair?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails