Thursday, November 19, 2009

Girls' Dresses

I got Elizabeth Stewart Clark's Girl's Dresses patterns recently and wanted to experiment with all the styles. I got the blue fabric for about $.75 a yard at a Bernina store because there were some really washed out parts on it. I wanted it for practice. I didn't think I could run out of it, but my supply is nearing its end!

This is the size 1 pattern, but it seems to be around a 4T when made as is.

This is the infant bodice with flounced edge sleeve, a pleated skirt, and piped waistband. This is the first time I've done pleats, and they weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. There's only one pleat that is bugging me. I ran out of the non-faded fabric by the time I finished this one, so the skirt is pretty faded.


This one is my favorite with the bateau neckline, puffed sleeves, and gathered skirt with growth tucks.


This is the jeweled, piped neckline with ruched sleeves, piped waist, and gathered skirt with growth tucks.



The closure on the backs will all be hook and eye because I don't want to use up all my buttons on "practice" dresses.

The Kwik Sew dress I made (red one) did not have a nicely finished inside (guess that's why it's Kwik Sew!). These dresses have inner waistbands that give the interior quite a polished look. Sure, you could not do the inner waistband, but it does make it look nice.

So what am I going to do with these darling little dresses? The copyright on the pattern states that I cannot sell them, so now that I know what I'm doing, I'm going to make some little dresses out of better fabric and probably donate these to TITP.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails