Friday, July 21, 2023

Trek: Leggings/yoga pants vs. drawers

I've noticed young women typically don't want to wear "drawers" on trek to protect their legs from plants and bugs and accidental undie flashes, but prefer modern leggings/yoga pants/bike shorts. I've wondered, are the new synthetic fabrics actually as cool as 100% cotton? My guess was no, but we got to test that this year when my two daughters went on trek to Muddy Creek, Wyoming for 3 days and 2 nights.

The younger daughter only wanted leggings, so we found the thinnest ones we could at Walmart. The older daughter was willing to try a pair of drawers, but she also wanted a pair of thin leggings. 

When the girls got back, the daughter who tried both the leggings and the drawers said the drawers were definitely cooler than the leggings, and the leggings collected more dirt so she felt the drawers were cleaner. She also said the drawers helped keep her skirt from getting caught between her legs.

So there ya go: 100% cotton drawers for the win. I'm so not surprised.

(Honestly, when I've gone on trek, I've taken the drawers in case I needed the extra leg protection, but usually I haven't actually worn them; I've just worn a petticoat because it's cooler than drawers and it keeps my dress from entangling my legs.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails